Re: ISSUE-36: DOMContentLoaded?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>>>  So dropping it would work or perhaps something like:
>>>    Language specific requirements can make the
>>>   UA to load certain dependencies first. In
>>>   HTML all <script> elements in the source
>>>   tree without the "defer" attribute set have
>>>   to be loaded for example.
>>>  ... now source tree might need some definition.
>>

>> As stated in an earlier email, I think it is not immideatly clear to
>> me  that firing DOMContentLoaded before all scripts have loaded is a
>> good  idea.
>
> Would be nice if Mozilla developers discussed this among themselves :-)
> Also, this is an HTML/SVG/language specific issue, we could just drop
> this  note from the specification as it apparently only adds confusion.

We'd just be discussing it on another mailing list, so might as well
keep all the discussion together :).

If we do want scripts to be loaded I think we need to specify it here,
otherwise it's not going to get specified anywhere. And saying that
scripts should be loaded isn't really HTML specific since scripts appear
in many languages.

/ Jonas