Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:25:39 +0100
To: ROBO Design <robodesign@gmail.com>, Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

ROBO Design wrote:
> Take a look at: http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/
>
> That's a pretty old WYSIWYG editor demo for Gecko. They do allow web
> pages to cut/copy/paste only if the user grants access. They don't
> currently provide an UI for enabling the feature, but the capability
> is in place.
Thanks for that... I wasn't aware of it indeed.

However, as we know... no-one wants to enable clipboard access for all
sites!
So this is a kind of no-go.
How would you go with trust-giving ?
At least in java, trust can only be given to signed things... and that's
where the painful things start.

paul