From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:chaals@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:52 AM
To: Web API public
Cc: Chris Wilson; Dave Massy; Anne van Kesteren
Subject: Re: Selectors API naming

OK folks,

Let's get this in perspective. We are trying to publish this document as a
last call, and get on with the dozen other documents we are meant to get
done in the next year. So I have two questions I would like answers on:

1. Does anyone see any other issue in the current draft that should be
fixed?
2. For the following options, do you consider the names "fine", "not great
but acceptable", or "unacceptable"?
      getElementBySelector/getElementsBySelector
      match/matchAll
      matchSelector/matchAllSelectors

    If and Only If you consider all 3 names are so bad as to be
unacceptable, please propose an alternative.

While getting naming perfect is a great thing, I don't know of it ever
being done before. "Shipping is a feature", as a friend who was a product
manager at a Redmond-based software company used to remind me, and if we
can't get nomenclative perfection then I suggest we at least enhance the
"shipping" side of our feature list...

cheers

Chaals (wearing a slightly ill-fitting chair's hat)

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com