Re: Selectors API naming

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:58:42 +0100
To: "Dave Massy" <Dave.Massy@microsoft.com>, "Web API public" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Wilson" <chris.wilson@microsoft.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Tina Duff" <tinad@microsoft.com>

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:35:17 +0100, Dave Massy <Dave.Massy@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I'm concerned the group appears to believe naming is not important based
> on the belief that there is no such thing as the perfect name. While it
> is probably true that there is no such thing as a perfect name we have
> to think about the lives of web developers and the challenges they face.

I don't think the group feels naming is unimportant, or we would not have
this discussion dragging on for so long (at least, I hope not). As chair,
I feel that it is valuable to get some agreement rather than spend our
time spinning around, so I want to come to a resolution.

Cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com