Re: ISSUE-66: should Documents that aren\'t being presented be required to have a null defaultView?

Ian Hickson wrote:
> In any case if we want to _allow_ Document to implement DocumentWindow
> even when there's no Window, we should just require it, and be done with
> it. I don't want to end up in a situation where some browsers have it and
> some browsers don't.

We definitely want to allow all Documents to implement DocumentWindow. I
don't want to have two versions of every document class and have to
worry about constructing the right one.

Another argument is that it would be useful to be able to stick such a
Document inside a window (using some as-of-yet undefined api) and have
it displayed and at that point the Document should definitely implement
DocumentWindow.

This doesn't say anything about what the properties of an non-presented
window should be though. I agree that it might be bad to *require*
defaultView to be null unless we can come up with a good reason for it.

Maybe what we should say is that "defaultView *can* be null, for example
if the document doesn't have a presentation"?

/ Jonas