XHR timeout and browsing context destruction

From: Stéphane Sire <sire@intuilab.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:33:12 +0200
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Hi,

I have been quickly through XHR draft (version dated 20th March 2006 on
CVS) and I have the following two remarks:

- nothing is said about how to create/manage timeout; I guess the idea
is to use the external timer API (for instance in Window object) and
then use cancel to end a timed out request...

- what happens if the browsing context is destroyed, is the request
canceled or not ? is the onreadystatechange function called ?

Regards,

Stéphane Sire
---
Research engineer