Re: Microsoft should just do a license deal with Eolas

Richard M. Smith wrote:

> My reading of claim #1 is that one must be the browser business in order
> to infringe on the Eolas '906 patent.  I don't see why a plugin company
> should pay anything because of a dispute between Microsoft and Eolas.

You are right there...  But this is a community issue that affects all
of us.  Is it justified to say that MS should pay the royalities so that
others can profit?  Yes MS has an interest in keeping the community
alive, but also MS has an interest in keeping their company profitable.

Christian Gross