Re: What a prior art product must do

Had a quick email with Richard on this one...  Here is a question I had...

Richard M. Smith wrote:

> utilized by said browser to identify and locate an executable
> application external to the first distributed hypermedia document, and
> wherein said embed text format is parsed by said browser to

Is the loophole not .NET and Java here?

You load up a document, fine, run the app fine, find an external
reference and then KICK OFF AN EXECUTABLE.

If the browser is written in pure .NET or pure Java and the object that
is kicked off is pure .NET and pure Java then it is not an executable
application.  Why?  Because Java and .NET do not posses the concept of
an executable.  Two Java or .NET "executables" can run in the same
process.  (That is why people have to be careful with statics since one
app can reference the static of another app.)

Christian Gross