Re: What a prior art product must do

The Java Virtual Machine and the Common Language Runtime would count as
applications, which must be loaded in order for Java and .NET code to run.
I think that voids your loophole.

Assuming that the patent holds (which I don't think it will), I fear most
for Flash.  It's everywhere, and its home is really in the browser.  True,
you can download it and run the .SWF file externally (the free QuickTime
Player can do it, for example), but that seems to defeat the point.  Why not
just download an application?  If the argument is cross-platform capability,
then why not use Java?  It's a more powerful language.  Anyway, the point is
that Flash will likely die if this patent holds.  I think Flash is a
wonderful addition to the web, and don't want it to die.

-Jake