Re: A few more proposals: 971, 1110, 1293

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:39:36 +0100
To: "Loretta Guarino Reid" <lguarino@adobe.com>
Cc: "public-wcag-teamb@w3.org" <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>

On 29/08/06, Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com> wrote:

> Please review for our meeting.

Comment: #971

I'm happy to go with the proposed response for #971, but what about:

"Titles, headings, and labels are descriptive and appropriate for the content."

Would that address his concerns?

We could then give an example of how something could be descriptive
and appropriate, and an example of something that is descriptive and
inappropriate as a failure.

Comment: #1110

Do we have an example that uses the phrases "Click here" or "more"? As
well as being particularly poor link phrases, link phrases like "Click
here" make assumptions about how the user will interact with the
content. I know that's fine by us, but it shouldn't be encouraged by
us.

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins