RE: A few more proposals: 971, 1110, 1293

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:31:08 -0500
To: "'Gez Lemon'" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lguarino@adobe.com>
Cc: <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>

> Do we have an example that uses the phrases "Click here" or
> "more"? As well as being particularly poor link phrases, link
> phrases like "Click here" make assumptions about how the user
> will interact with the content. I know that's fine by us, but
> it shouldn't be encouraged by us.

Agree

Just checked.

As I suspected. We don't have any examples of  "click here" in Understanding
WCAG 2.0 or any of the techniques docs.    We also don't have "more..."
I don't THINK we have any  "More" but that is harder to check for.  Did a
quick check.  Found none.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.