Re: descriptive titles

Just to let you know.

JIS has a guideline on the page title as the following:
Guideline 5.2 e)
A page shall have a title which enables users to identify content of the page.

Information :
Many voice browsers first read the title information of the page.
When information provided as title is not appropriate, or no title is
provided, a user may not be able to determine whether it is the
page the user intended to read, until entire page content is read.
Thus, title information is important. Page titles are also used
when the page is added to the bookmark, and users cannot identify
the page unless the title provides information which identifies
content of the page. Also, when frames are used, be sure that the
titles are provided, as titles of their pages which consist of frames
often do not appear on the screen of browser.

Example :
In HTML, specify a title specific to each page using the title element in
the head element. Additional markup should be specified. Make page
specific titles unique. For page specific titles which can be the same,
provide additional information to make it easier to understand.

Information:
If identical page specific titles are used, content of the page cannot
be identified. Voice browser users cannot identify the page by listening
only to the title.

Information:
If the title element is empty, the address of the page is displayed
and users are unable to identify the page content. It makes it difficult
for voice browser users to understand.

--
<以下、署名>

株式会社インフォアクシア
植木 真 <ueki@infoaxia.co.jp>

TEL:0422-76-8515   FAX:0422-76-8516

Infoaxia, Inc.  - Solutions for Web Accessibility -
http://www.infoaxia.co.jp/
Webアクセシビリティのポータルサイト
Infoaxia - Everything for Your Awareness and Practice -
http://www.infoaxia.com/