RE: A few more proposals: 971, 1110, 1293

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:48:18 -0400
To: "Loretta Guarino Reid" <lguarino@adobe.com>, <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>
> Please review for our meeting.

Regrets for missing the call.  I am generally in agreement with all proposals.  I have no strong objections.

wrt 971:  The historical problem with ALT was with the noun description.  An adjective might have avoided a great deal of heartache.  I am not sure this distinction is worth adding to the response.

wrt 1110:  I agree that “click here” and “read more” links are acceptable for Level 1 conformance with WCAG 2.0.  If we include such an example it should be noted that ambiguous link text creates a barrier for some PWDs.

wrt 1293:  The other problem with the word target was that some people thought there was no requirement that target be human readable.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/viewdata_individual.php?id=971
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/viewdata_individual.php?id=1110
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/viewdata_individual.php?id=1293