Sampling optional?

From: Velleman, Eric <evelleman@bartimeus.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 00:03:00 +0000
To: "public-wai-evaltf@w3.org" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Dear all,

We received great input to the new section about adding a random sample:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20130122#step3e>
Things we may want to discuss as input for the next editor draft:

1. The section must be optional
Most of us use a random sample. It seems important for verification, independence and the level of reliability. The paper that Vivienne sent around indicates that just using the structured sample is not enough.

Proposed resolution: Keep it non-optional until we have more backing info that random samples do not add to the results of the structured sample.

Let me know what you think?
Kindest regards,

Eric