Re: Difference between consulting and testing

Hi Kerstin,

I agree...

Organisations offering testing should, to my mind, be independent and impartial - free from any commercial, financial and other pressures which might influence technical judgement (being paid just for the testing they undertake).  They should offer test results, without corrective consultancy.

Precisely the same model for testing organisations is mirrored across many industries.  Take for example car safety testing centres in the UK (MOT centres) - which are independent and impartial - they do testing, but don't offer car services or repair any vehicles.

All the best

Alistair