From: Kerstin Probiesch
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:11 PM
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Subject: Difference between consulting and testing

Hi all,

I suggest that we write a small chapter in our methodology about the
difference between consulting and testing. One important point  I see
is, that in a consulting process one can recommend those techniques
which are oder might be the best for a given web page. One can also
recommend favorised technique/s for an SC. While testing a web page,
it is not important which techniques are the best or wether a web
developer has used techniques the consultant favors. The only thing
which is important is: Is the SC met or not? Therefore it is necessary
to keep these two "levels" strictly apart and necessary that a tester
is testing a web page in a dispassionate and sober attitude.

Thoughts?

Best

Kerstin

Kerstin Probiesch - Freie Beraterin
Barrierefreiheit, Social Media, Webkompetenz
Kantstraße 10/19 | 35039 Marburg
Tel.: 06421 167002
E-Mail: k.probiesch@gmail.com
Web: http://www.barrierefreie-informationskultur.de