Can we discuss ISSUE-137 (rationalise heartbeats) please

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 16:55:04 +0200
To: Revising W3C Process Community Group <public-w3process@w3.org>
Hi,

I think ISSUE-137 is very low hanging fruit. Can we open it and put it on the next agenda please?

TL;DR: I propose we remove section 6.2.7 Working Group "Heartbeat" Requirement.

Details:
As written it requires groups to publish *something* every 3 months. Given that most groups make editors' drafts publicly available, and work on a public mailing list, the requirement to prove they are still doing something is redundant.

In addition the mechanism is redundant, since the current process includes, in chapter 7, a requirement that groups SHOULD publish new Working Drafts when there has been a significant change - or every six months where that hasn't happened.

The most significant change in practice would be making the Process about 1.5% shorter (based on the current draft).

cheers

Chaals