Re: w3process-ISSUE-50 (Directors-Calls): If LC and CR are combined, Director's Calls can be excessive overhead [Processes that Suck e.g. too much time, resources, make work, etc.]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:10:45 -0400
To: ext Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
CC: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
On 10/31/13 6:30 PM, ext Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Not sure I follow this issue; isn't the point of the new process to avoid
> 4 LCs?

Yes, if people get it `right` the first time (and don't add any new
features after the first LCCR).

> In this case, I assume you would have remained in LCCR the whole
> time?

A requirement of the Patent Policy is that every substantive change
after 1st LC must have another exclusion opportunity. I suppose that
process could indeed be done within a single LCCR (but, OTOH, it's not
my problem to `manage` that process).