Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

Le 23 mars 2012 à 15:20, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu a écrit :
> Seriously, as far as I can imagine, the more effective way of getting
> resource here is if we first promise the newcomer that he/she can be
> listed as an editor and then he/she can apply company resource to work
> on the specs. I know that doing this instead of the "demonstrate your
> ability first" approach might result in specs with bad quality (I know
> this happened before), but given Hixie expressed opinions that he longer
> cares about W3C HTML5[1], I see little reasons why we can't try this out
> for W3C HTML5.

Worth trying, with a few issues

* People do not realize the time commitment for doing so
* The community is harsh. You need a tough skin, which is not necessary easy for everyone.
* Having competences vs thinking having the competences.

but yes.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software