Re: Comics Schema Update and Open Questions

Hi Thad,
as for GoodRelations, we currently have properties for specific product identifiers, e.g.

 gr:hasEAN_UCC-13 (EAN13, UPC, GTIN13)
 gr:hasGTIN-14 (GTIN14)
 gr:hasGTIN-8 (GTIN8)
 gr:hasMPN (Manufacturer Part Number)
 gr:hasStockKeepingUnit (SKU)

You can use all of them to augment a http://schema.org/Product itemtype:

leading-edge color TV from our company.</span>
  Manufacturer Part No.: <span itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasMPN">TV123</span>
  EAN: <span itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasEAN_UCC-13">1234567890123</span>
  GTIN14: <span itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasGTIN-14">12345678901234</span>
  GTIN8: <span itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasGTIN-8">12345678</span>
  SKU: <span itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasStockKeepingUnit">ABC123</span>

GoodRelations does currently not have a common superproperty of all product identifiers, but it may get a generic gr:productID superproperty in the near future.

Best

Martin

On Feb 22, 2012, at 3:38 AM, Thad Guidry wrote:

>> What qualifies as ubiquitous enough to be included as an identifier in a schema such as this one?  Is it better to include more (with fewer actually used) or fewer (but more frequently populated)?
>>
>> -       Peter
>>
>> Peter Olson | VP, Web and Application Development | Marvel Entertainment
>>

> I think it would be advantageous to allow as many productID's as
> possible when the need arises.  Linked Data availability or not.
>
> For example, perhaps just extending Schema.org productID to suit ? or
> extending with Good Relations ?

> itemtype="http://ComicsForCheap.com/OurID">123-444-321</span>
>
> or

> Interestingly, I did not find a "generic" productID while looking
> through Good Relations other than a gr:BusinessEntity gr:owns a
> gr:individual gr:ProductorService that has a gr:serialNumber as such
> http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1#serialNumber
>
> So perhaps internal productID's in the case of Comic Issues could also
> use their own gr:serialNumber ??  But I think there is a need to not
> mix the 2 notions of a productID and a serialNumber.  Forewarning :)
>
> --
> -Thad
> http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry

martin hepp