Re: Comics Schema Update and Open Questions

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:38:39 -0600
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
> What qualifies as ubiquitous enough to be included as an identifier in a schema such as this one?  Is it better to include more (with fewer actually used) or fewer (but more frequently populated)?
> -       Peter
> Peter Olson | VP, Web and Application Development | Marvel Entertainment

I think it would be advantageous to allow as many productID's as
possible when the need arises.  Linked Data availability or not.

For example, perhaps just extending Schema.org productID to suit ? or
extending with Good Relations ?

Interestingly, I did not find a "generic" productID while looking
through Good Relations other than a gr:BusinessEntity gr:owns a
gr:individual gr:ProductorService that has a gr:serialNumber as such

So perhaps internal productID's in the case of Comic Issues could also
use their own gr:serialNumber ??  But I think there is a need to not
mix the 2 notions of a productID and a serialNumber.  Forewarning :)