Re: Priorities for Test Asset Development

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I tend to develop test to the timetable
of the i18n WG needs, since we use the tests for formulating advice and
outreach materials in particular. It's a lot of effort, however, so I'm
keen to transfer whatever tests we develop to the HTML and CSS (and any
other) test suites to avoid duplication and waste.

There isn't a formal process in place for that.

In the past i supplied copies of some tests to Fantasai, who then took
charge of integrating into the CSS test suite.  We may well have updated
some of those tests since, btw.

I also supplied some tests to PLH a while back for the HTML5 test suite,
but I don't think that got far, since the test framework was still in devt.

Aharon Lanin has been providing tests for the new bidi features in HTML5
directly to the HTML5 test suite and in parallel to the i18n test suite.

So that's a quick potted history. Upshot, there is no standard process
in place for merging or mapping i18n tests into other tests at the
moment, but i think it would be good to have one.

hth,
RI

--
Richard Ishida