RE: Priorities for Test Asset Development

From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 00:52:53 +0000
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>
Thanks for the input, Richard. I was unsure if the i18n tests were testing those features in the context/permutations of internationalization scenarios, or whether they were tests of the basic functionality of the features as defined by the CSS specs. I was assuming (bad, I know) that CSS features would first be validated through tests of the CSSWG for the specs, so I looked there first.

Is there a mapping between the i18n tests and the corresponding tests shown in http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/? For example, I see 646 tests in http://w3c-test.org/framework/app/suite/i18n-css3-text/results but there are only 2 approved tests for CSS Text in http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/.

Bryan Sullivan