Re: Preconditions and effects in the Service Profile

From: Evren Sirin <evren@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:42:16 -0400
To: Klaus Leopold <klaus@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
CC: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Klaus Leopold wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've already stated this question a couple of days ago but didn't get any
>response: Is it possible to _reference_ OWL-S preconditions and effects in the
>service profile?

Yes, you can. Note that in OWL-S 1.1 effects are being defined as part
of a Result description so you would reference the Result instance that
is defined in the process model. Just specify the URI's for the
conditions and results defined in process model and reference them in
the profile description (same as referencing inputs and outputs). See
this example in BravoAirProfile.owl where a result from the process is
being used in the profile:

   <profile:hasResult rdf:resource="&ba_process;#HaveSeatResult"/>

Hope this helps,
Evren