Re: Overlap between OWL-S and WSDL

From: Robert Mark Bram <relaxedrob@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:41:51 +1000
To: Massimo Paolucci <paolucci@cs.cmu.edu>, OWL-S <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

Thank you very much for your reply Massimo - it is much appreciated!

>> Does this mean that chunks of OWL-S defining atomic processes and
>> inputs/outputs can be directly re-used as the WSDL operations and
>> messages?
>
> There have been a number of attempts to extend WSDL with OWL.  In the
> case of OWL-S,  it assumes that WSDL is defined independently of the
> OWL-S specifications, and it uses the Grounding to map between the OWL-S
> atomic processes and the WSDL operations,  it also means that you can
> define a mapping between the WSDL Input/Outputs and the OWL-S
> Input/Outputs.

I should have figured it would be this way. It is the same as the IOPEs
that appear both in the ServiceProfile and ServiceModel.

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus