Re: OWL-S in use?

From: Robert Mark Bram <relaxedrob@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:43:42 +1000
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Hi Bijan,

>> Are there any examples of OWL-S in currently in use? I have found a few
>> OWL ontologies on SchemaWeb, and was hoping that some people have
>> started using them..
>> http://www.schemaweb.info/schema/BrowseSchema.aspx
>
> Do you mean OWL-S or OWL?

Definitely OWL-S - I found a few instances of OWL in SchemaWeb, but no
examples of OWL-S.

>> Also, are there any tools for OWL-S developed yet? I saw some for
>> DAML+OIL on Dave Beckett's resource list:
>> http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/discovery/rdf/resources/
>
> This seems like OWL.
>
> Both OWL-S and OWL are in use. One example of OWL is exactly OWL-S!

I should have said that I was after tools to help build an OWL-S
description of a service. :)

> OWL-S is being used by, e.g., Fujistu (for their Task Computing project
> http://taskcomputing.org/).

Thank you very much - I am looking at this one now..

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus