W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2006

Re: [VM] Telecon today, 2006-02-14

From: Libby Miller <libby@asemantics.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:43:33 -0800 (PST)
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
cc: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>, SW Best Practices <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20060214044318.V28164@skutsje.san.webweaving.org>



On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Dan Brickley wrote:

>
> * Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> [2006-02-14 09:13+0100]
> >
> > SWBPD VM 2006-02-14 telecon agenda
> >
> > Tuesday, 15:00 UTC (16:00 Berlin)
>
> Likely regrets (other commitments)

and regrets from me, sorry.

Libby
>
> Dan
>
> > http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060214
> > Zakim: +1-617-761-6200
> > Conference code 8683# ('VMTF')
> > irc://irc.w3.org:6665/vmtf
> >
> > Recent telecons
> > -- 2006-01-24: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0125.html
> > -- 2006-02-01: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0028.html
> > -- 2006-02-07: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0056.html
> >
> > Next telecons (weekly)
> > -- 2005-02-21 Tue 1500 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060221
> >
> > Regrets: Alistair
> >
> > AGENDA
> >
> > --  Current draft ("cookbook") is
> >     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
> >
> > --  Confirm process (as of BPD telecon of Feb 6) for publishing
> >     cookbook as a Working Draft -- see [1], appended as text below.
> >
> > --  Outstanding technical issues?  (See "recent telecons", above)
> >
> > --  Any new text to add?  (See below)
> >
> > --  Testing
> >     ACTION: Ralph to test recipes with W3C configuration.
> >
> > --  Frequency of VM telecons
> >     Once Working Draft is out, chair proposes we hold conferences every
> >     second week for awhile (instead of weekly).
> >
> > --  Longer-term issue: alignment of content-negotiation ideas
> >     in the cookbook with TAG:
> >     -- http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#namespaceDocument-8
> >     -- Associating Resources with Namespaces
> >       Draft TAG Finding 13 December 2005
> >       http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/nsDocuments-2005-12-13/
> >
> > [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0049.html
> >
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > SWBPD VM 2006-02-06 Task force update
> >
> > The Vocabulary Management Task Force would like to propose
> > "Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies"
> > [1] for publication as a Working Draft.
> >
> > In recent VM telecons [2], we have been discussing the reviews
> > provided by David Booth and Andreas Harth.  We would like
> > to ask David and Andreas now to look at our notes (below)
> > and let us know if they agree with our request to publish a
> > Working Draft.
> >
> > We just discussed this request on the Feb 6 SWBPD telecon
> > and agreed on the following timetable:
> >
> > -- David Booth would like to propose some words on how to select
> >    which type of URI to use.  We have asked him to provide this
> >    before the VM telecon of Feb 14.
> >
> > -- Next VM telecons are on Feb 7 and Feb 14 [3].
> >
> > -- Having heard back from David and Andreas and received text
> >    from David, by Feb 17 we post a proposal to the list to
> >    publish as a Working Draft.
> >
> > -- In the Feb 20 telecon, SWBPD takes a decision.
> >
> >
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
> > [2] Recent telecons
> >     2006-01-24: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0125.html
> >     2006-01-31: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html
> > [3] Next telecons (weekly)
> >     2005-02-07 Tue 1500 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060207
> >     2005-02-14 Tue 1500 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060214
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Responses to reviews
> >
> >     --   David Booth review
> >          http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Dec/0124.html
> >          -- Global suggestions
> >             G1. To discuss trade-offs between hash and slash URIs
> >                 Response: Ralph has addressed this with added text in the
> >                 introduction. David has not yet indicated whether he is
> >                 satisfied.
> >
> >             G2. To avoid purl.org recipes, which violate TAG resolution
> >                 with 302 redirect code.
> >
> >                 Problem with purl.org: It is not enough to change all 302s to
> >                 303s because 302 is appropriate for most URIs.  So the purl.org
> >                 maintainers would have to implement a feature for users to
> >                 specify that some resource is a non-information resource.
> >                 This would require changes to the database.  Are there any
> >                 options to do a double redirection? I.e. if purl returns a
> >                 302 redirect, then my own server does a 303.  On Jan 17, decided
> >                 to clarify with TAG whether inferences are supposed to be made
> >                 already on the initial response code.
> >
> >                 ACTION (DONE Jan 17): Alistair drafted the question (i.e., that only the
> >                 initial response code matters) for discussion in BPD, then to send to TAG:
> >                 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0076.html
> >                 This draft note to TAG
> >                 -- suggests they coin a URI for class "resource"
> >                    (tag:informationResource) so that things like rdfs:Class,
> >                    owl:Class, and rdf:Property could be declared disjoint with it.
> >                 -- requests clarification on what implication one can draw when
> >                    303 is returned as opposed to 200 ("X is a tag:infoResource").
> >
> >                 (Note: In follow-up, David Booth suggested
> >                 a draft "HTTP URI-Identity-Algorithm",
> >                 out of scope for the VM TF per se:
> >                 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0116.html
> >                 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0165.html)
> >
> >                 ACTION - DONE: Alistair put the purl.org material into an Appendix.
> >
> >          -- Specific recipes
> >             Recipe 3.  Interpretation of a fragment identifier in the
> >                        presence of 303 redirects is unclear, so recipe
> >                        should note that browser may or may not apply
> >                        fragment identifier to secondary URI.
> >
> >          -- Editorial suggestions
> >             E1. Shorter URIs in the examples would be better.
> >                 Alistair would rather leave the longer URIs for now because
> >                 a UK server is configured to support them, see
> >                 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0034.html.
> >                 Ralph suggests using w3c URIs in the final version (with
> >                 shorter URIs for the examples).
> >
> >             E2. At the beginning of each recipe, say what the URIs would return.
> >
> >                 Alistair proposes to illustrate this graphically, so added images
> >                 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0034.html.
> >                 David Booth actually intended simply to spell out which URIs
> >                 are redirected to.  Ralph wonders whether the images really add any
> >                 new information.
> >
> >                 On Jan 18, Alistair reorganized recipes 1 and
> >                 2, adding short description of outcomes as
> >                 per Booth suggestion.  Added examples with
> >                 expected outcomes for purpose of testing.
> >                 Wants to organize the rest like this when
> >                 IE6 bug resolved.
> >
> >     --   Andreas Harth review
> >          http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0004.html
> >          -- The document has too many choices - suggests
> >             cutting down to 3 or 4 covering 80% of the cases.
> >          -- Suggests content negotiation instead of mod_rewrite
> >             modules.  Response at:
> >             http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Dec/0016.html
> >          -- Suggests mod_alias instead of mod_rewrite.
> >          -- Maybe put purl.org examples into an appendix.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
> > SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883
> > and University Library                           +49-30-8109-9027
> > Papendiek 14, 37073 G?ttingen
> >
>
Received on Tuesday, 14 February 2006 12:43:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:46 UTC