Re: SVG Text elements within glyphs

My point was that *security-wise*, I don't see a difference between guarding against executing an external font file referenced by a URL vs guarding against executing an external font file referenced by a font family name. In either case, executing the external file could potentially do something bad. (We've seen plenty of crashers related to bad fonts, and it's possible for a bad font to be maliciously injected into the OS.)

Perhaps Doug (who's on this list) or others involved in the SVG Integration doc could comment?

> That would mean 'font-family:Arial' would be unusable in an SVG image, which would be bad.

Are you saying that any SVG images or embedded SVG documents on websites are to be run in "secure mode" by the browser? If so, then when are SVG images not run in "secure mode" - when the entire page is an SVG document? Just trying to understand the intended context of application here.

Thanks,
Sairus