Re: SVG Text elements within glyphs

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com> wrote:

>  I am curious what would be the outcome in the following scenario:
>
> A font has SVG glyphs that have textual elements defined with no
> font-family reference (just plain text fill). The font is downloaded and
> applied to a text span for which a style is defined as part of CSS class
> definition. Would then any text that is part of that particular span be
> rendered using a font defined by CSS? Would the same font also be applied
> to a textual element that is part of an SVG glyph description?

No. If 'font-family' is not specified by any style rules in the SVG glyphs
document, then it will take its initial value, which is user-agent-specific
but will not be inherited from the original document in any case. Even if
it was inherited (or the glyphs document explicitly specified the family
name of its own font), it would not work since a font with that name has
not been loaded in the context of the SVG glyphs document. A user-agent
would have to violate specs and do a lot of implementation work to produce
this incorrect result :-).

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w