W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > April to June 2011

Re: [important] Japan F2F

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:21:41 -0400
Message-ID: <4DA4A645.4070102@w3.org>
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
CC: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
Hi, Dean-

Okay, thanks for the info.

Assuming that time and date doesn't work for everyone (not yet a bygone 
conclusion), we should identify the necessary stakeholders and find a 
place and time that does, and which still meets our deadlines.

Regards-
-Doug

Dean Jackson wrote (on 4/12/11 3:14 PM):
>
> On 13/04/2011, at 3:53 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>
>> Hi, folks-
>>
>> As discussed in last week's telcon, we have an opportunity to
>> collocate with the CSS WG in Japan (in Osaka, now, instead of
>> Tokyo).
>
> I'm told the CSS meeting is in Kyoto, not Osaka.
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/japan-2011-venues
>
>> The goal would be resolve outstanding issues on animation, filters,
>> and other high-priority FXTF specs, especially those that have some
>> disagreement or confusion about next steps.
>>
>> However, in order for this to productive, we would need to have
>> participation by those driving the specs, and who have particular
>> opinions on how such issues should be resolved; for example, Dean
>> from Apple and Patrick from Microsoft would be critical
>> participants.  The value of having a collocated conference is
>> dramatically lower if we don't have the right people there.
>>
>> So, my question is, would everyone be able to commit to meet for at
>> least part of Friday 3-9 June 2011, in Osaka (where 3 June is the
>> joint meeting with CSS WG)?
>
> There is zero chance I can make it June 5 onwards since Apple has its
> annual conference that week. This will also make it very difficult to
> attend the week before (which is preparation week). Friday 3 or
> Saturday 4 are extremely slim possibilities for me.
>
> Dean
>
>>
>> Regards- -Doug
>>
>> Erik Dahlstrom wrote (on 4/6/11 3:49 PM):
>>>
>>> japan f2f
>>>
>>> CL: css wg is meeting in osaka
>>>
>>> <scribe>  scribeNick: ed
>>>
>>> DS: why did we want to colocate?
>>>
>>> CL: we have things to discuss with them
>>>
>>> DS: does canon's offer to host extend to osaka?
>>>
>>> AG: i'll ask JF
>>>
>>> <scribe>  ACTION: AG to find out if canon can host an svg wg f2f
>>> in osaka (colocated with css) [recorded in
>>> [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action01]
>>>
>>> <trackbot>  Created ACTION-3016 - Find out if canon can host an
>>> svg wg f2f in osaka (colocated with css) [on Anthony Grasso -
>>> due 2011-04-13].
>>>
>>> ED: what dates again?
>>>
>>> <ChrisL>  css is 1-4 June. Joint meeting on Friday 3
>>>
>>> <ChrisL>  svg would be mon 6 to thu 9 june
>>>
>>> DS: concerned about all the necessary people being able to attend
>>> in japan
>>>
>>> <ChrisL>  japanese meet-the-css wg would be Tues 31 May
>>>
>>> <scribe>  ACTION: send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
>>> attend the next f2f [recorded in
>>> [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action02]
>>>
>>> <trackbot>  Sorry, couldn't find user - send
>>>
>>> <scribe>  ACTION: ed to send email to the svgwg list and ask who
>>> will attend the next f2f [recorded in
>>> [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action03]
>>>
>>> <trackbot>  Created ACTION-3017 - Send email to the svgwg list
>>> and ask who will attend the next f2f [on Erik Dahlström - due
>>> 2011-04-13].
>>
>
Received on Tuesday, 12 April 2011 19:21:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 12 April 2011 19:21:47 GMT