W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > April to June 2011

[important] Japan F2F (was: Minutes 6 April 2011 SVG WG telcon)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:53:26 -0400
Message-ID: <4DA49196.9080907@w3.org>
To: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
CC: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi, folks-

As discussed in last week's telcon, we have an opportunity to collocate 
with the CSS WG in Japan (in Osaka, now, instead of Tokyo).

The goal would be resolve outstanding issues on animation, filters, and 
other high-priority FXTF specs, especially those that have some 
disagreement or confusion about next steps.

However, in order for this to productive, we would need to have 
participation by those driving the specs, and who have particular 
opinions on how such issues should be resolved; for example, Dean from 
Apple and Patrick from Microsoft would be critical participants.  The 
value of having a collocated conference is dramatically lower if we 
don't have the right people there.

So, my question is, would everyone be able to commit to meet for at 
least part of Friday 3-9 June 2011, in Osaka (where 3 June is the joint 
meeting with CSS WG)?

Regards-
-Doug

Erik Dahlstrom wrote (on 4/6/11 3:49 PM):
>
> japan f2f
>
> CL: css wg is meeting in osaka
>
> <scribe> scribeNick: ed
>
> DS: why did we want to colocate?
>
> CL: we have things to discuss with them
>
> DS: does canon's offer to host extend to osaka?
>
> AG: i'll ask JF
>
> <scribe> ACTION: AG to find out if canon can host an svg wg f2f in
> osaka (colocated with css) [recorded in
> [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action01]
>
> <trackbot> Created ACTION-3016 - Find out if canon can host an svg
> wg f2f in osaka (colocated with css) [on Anthony Grasso - due
> 2011-04-13].
>
> ED: what dates again?
>
> <ChrisL> css is 1-4 June. Joint meeting on Friday 3
>
> <ChrisL> svg would be mon 6 to thu 9 june
>
> DS: concerned about all the necessary people being able to attend in
> japan
>
> <ChrisL> japanese meet-the-css wg would be Tues 31 May
>
> <scribe> ACTION: send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
> attend the next f2f [recorded in
> [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action02]
>
> <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - send
>
> <scribe> ACTION: ed to send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
> attend the next f2f [recorded in
> [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action03]
>
> <trackbot> Created ACTION-3017 - Send email to the svgwg list and
> ask who will attend the next f2f [on Erik Dahlström - due
> 2011-04-13].
Received on Tuesday, 12 April 2011 17:53:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 12 April 2011 17:53:31 GMT