Re: ODF 1.2 and SVG

On Feb 25, 2009, at 22:56 , Andreas Neumann wrote:
> The Oasis people are discussing new features in ODF "Next". ODF 1.1
> and 1.2 already have certain subsets of SVG in its file format (see http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/OpenDocument-v1.1.pdf)
>  - grep for SVG (mainly in attributes not in elements ;-() ODF also
> uses the SVG path syntax and many other SVG attributes.

Do you think there's a chance of getting them to stop using SVG in a
way I can only describe as pretty much completely wrong? They're
taking SVG attributes and putting them in the SVG namespace, even
though the SVG spec never defines those. It's not exactly a great
example of XML reuse.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/