ODF 1.2 and SVG

From: Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:56:00 +0100
To: SVG IG List <public-svg-ig@w3.org>
Hi,

The Oasis people are discussing new features in ODF "Next". ODF 1.1 and
1.2 already have certain subsets of SVG in its file format (see
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/OpenDocument-v1.1.pdf) - grep
for SVG (mainly in attributes not in elements ;-() ODF also uses the SVG
path syntax and many other SVG attributes.

I think that ODF Next should embrace more SVG features - to be honest I
don't have a full knowledge which SVG features are already in ODF 1.1
and 1.2 and which are still missing.

There is a Call for Proposals
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200902/msg00007.html  -
I think it would be great if the SVG working group or SVG IG works with
Oasis to improve the interoperability of SVG and ODF.

Vector graphics was always a big problem in office suites - it really
should be improved.

Any volunteers?

Andreas