Re: Question on Threading + SVG

On Feb 24, 2009, at 18:56 , Alexander Adam wrote:
> As of Renesis V3, we have implemented multi-threaded rendering which
> gives
> us a certain perfomance boost on nowadays hardware. However, I
> remember that
> SVG states that each change of something (i.e. a
> setAttribute(fill,red) call
> from JS) should *immediately* be reflected by the rendering. Now, with
> multi-threaded rendering there's no guarantee of such thing so what
> would a
> compatible player supposed to do in that case?

If you want a definitive answer from the WG you should probably ask on
www-svg. That being said, I believe that that requirement is a best
effort requirement, as well as a side-effect one (so that anything
coming right after that call that might depend on the result being
effected can be deterministic).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/