Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

Hi Marco et al.,

It is also possible that a person can have multiple roles (e.g.,
researcher and teacher). Are there standard vocabularies that we can use
to describe roles, for example? There might be a temporal aspect as
well. For example, a person at one point was a postdoc but later became
a professor. If this is taken into account, we can ask questions like
what is the most recent role(s) a person has. This may somewhat relates
to how we should model a paitent/subject involved in a longitudinal
studies. Besides relations (how persons relate to each other), we might
also want to think about how persons are grouped for different
basic/clinical research purposes. For examples, panels vs. cohorts,
population samples vs. pedigrees, etc... This might have been
thought/discussed about by other people. I may just reignite such
thought and discussion.

Cheers,

-Kei