Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

For experiment publishing ontology, I need a Person class to represent
anybody involved in the research community. Here are the list of required
properties in the current SPE specs.  I specifically point out the closest
FOAF terms if available and their mismatched datat ypes.

foaf:name
foaf:title
spe:jobTitle  no FOAF term
spe:role   no FOAF term
dc:type
dc:subject
spe:expertise   no FOAF term
foaf:interest
spe:hasPublication   URI of a Publication resource, but foaf:publications is
a foaf:Document, not specific enough
spe:currentProject   URI of a Project resource, but foaf:currentProject is a
owl:thing, not specific enough
spe:pastProject     URI of a Project resource, but foaf:pastProject is a
owl:thing, not specific enough
foaf:fundedBy
spe:inGroup    URI of a Group resource, no foaf term
spe:inOrganization     no foaf term
spe:workContact     a blank node for work contact info like address and
phone #; but foaf does not have these basic contact info
spe:altwebpage    URL of any web page that is about this person; could use
foaf:homepage

AJ

--
AJ Chen, PhD