Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

kei cheung wrote:

> Based on my limited experience, a person in the life science and
> healthcare context can be considered as a subject or patient (which
> can be a subclass of person). Of course, there are other roles a
> person can play (e.g., doctors, researchers, and authors). For
> genetic studies, a group of subjects/indviduals may be a
> family/pedigree. In this case, relationships among these  family
> members may include Father_of, Mother_of, Child_of, etc. Other types

Hi Kei,

In addition, I think there is another side as well: science community
people, having a role (student, teacher, director of), relations with
fields of study ( immunologist, studies TLR signalling), relations with
events and scientific production ( has published, has organized
conference ), relations with other people ( works with, supervisor of,
... ).

I vaguely remember at least one similar case of ontology, does anyone
have further details?

Cheers.

Marco Brandizi <brandizi@ebi.ac.uk>
http://gca.btbs.unimib.it/brandizi