Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

I am just popping into this thread. Why don't we look at RIM (HL7
Reference Information Model)?
They distinguish 'entities' (a person is an entity) and roles: 'patient',
'doctor', etc are examples of roles. That gives you an easy way of using a
standard description of a person, common to other communities, reusing
what exists, and still you can add properties to the rol 'patient' to have
whatever you need, specific in Health Care and Life Sciences.

you can download the RIM model at
http://www.hl7.org/library/data-model/RIM/modelpage_mem.htm

______________________________________
Dr. Dirk Colaert MD
Advanced Clinical Application Research Manager
Agfa Healthcare               mobile: +32 497 470 871

Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
13/09/2006 06:47

Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
cc
systemsbiology <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Subject
Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

I had been using FOAF as a basis and then adding relations as needed.
-Alan