Re: Comments on * DRAFT * Rules Working Group Charter $Revision: 1.60 $

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:37:19 -0400
To: edbark@nist.gov
Cc: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@deri.org>, public-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org

> I think Dieter's comments may need to be taken very seriously.

Agreed.

> But I have not seen Draft 1.6, nor have my NIST colleagues who are
> extensively involved in W3C Semantic Web work.  Can someone tell me what
> list we should also be on that would have allowed us to see the Draft
> announcement?
>
> Is there also a "private-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org"?

No, the announcement went to the W3C advisory committee, in this
e-mail (which is member-only):

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2005JulSep/0019

There's a bit of a public/private balancing act here.  Discussions
about whether the W3C should engage in a particular activity make
sense in the W3C Advisory Committee.  (People affiliated with members
should work through their AC Rep, if they want to participate in those
discussions.)  Other discussions, like ones where we're trying to
understand the options, are best done in public (eg on this list).

      -- sandro