Re: Comments on * DRAFT * Rules Working Group Charter $Revision: 1.60 $

Dear all,

sorry, I did not know that the draft was not indented to be discussed at
this email
list. It is slightly surprising since the draft recommends to discuss
technical issues
related to it at this mailing list. I will post my comments to an internal
W3C lists and
hope the draft agenda is soon open to public discussions. I think it needs
it desperately.

         -- dieter

At 11:37 22.08.2005 -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> > I think Dieter's comments may need to be taken very seriously.
>
>Agreed.
>
> > But I have not seen Draft 1.6, nor have my NIST colleagues who are
> > extensively involved in W3C Semantic Web work.  Can someone tell me what
> > list we should also be on that would have allowed us to see the Draft
> > announcement?
> >
> > Is there also a "private-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org"?
>
>No, the announcement went to the W3C advisory committee, in this
>e-mail (which is member-only):
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2005JulSep/0019
>
>There's a bit of a public/private balancing act here.  Discussions
>about whether the W3C should engage in a particular activity make
>sense in the W3C Advisory Committee.  (People affiliated with members
>should work through their AC Rep, if they want to participate in those
>discussions.)  Other discussions, like ones where we're trying to
>understand the options, are best done in public (eg on this list).
>
>       -- sandro

Dieter Fensel, http://www.deri.org/
Tel.: +43-512-5076485/8