Re: AW: My slides at RSP workshop, ESWC 2015

Hi Daniele,

On 9 June 2015 at 11:35:43, Daniele Dell'Aglio (daniele.dellaglio@polimi.it<mailto:daniele.dellaglio@polimi.it>) wrote:

Thanks Peter for the summary.

I have a question related to this point:
We introduce "bounded substreams" (= extract of a window with upper bound, lower bound). We did not call it "window (data)" to not confuse it with the "window (operator)"

Why didn't you use the CQL names, so:
-  "window" for "bounded substreams" | "window (data)"

A window is synonymous with relation where as the result of a window over a timestamped graph is not a relation. However it is a sequence of timestamped graphs so maybe it is not so bad now, particularly if we have the snapshot definition that merges all the tuples together.

- "sliding window" for the "window (operator)"?

Sliding window is just one form of window operator. It is good to have a distinction between the operators and the base data types.

Alasdair

I think we should relabel concepts and notions already defined... at least to do not create misunderstadings if ppl with dsms/cep background look at our work.

Daniele