Re: AW: My slides at RSP workshop, ESWC 2015

Hi Alasdair,
by my point of view, a window is defined through an interval (e.g.,
time-based windows are defined by a time interval [o,c]) and it captures
a part of the stream. Sliding window are one form of what CQL names
Stream-to-Relation operators and they are defined thorugh a set of
params (e.g., a time-based sliding window is defined through a width and
a slide param). A sliding window generates a sequence of windows, and
each window captures a different parts of the stream. In other words, a
window is a "frame" and a sliding window is a "stop-motion movie" (i.e.,
a sequence of frames).

Anyway, Friday we discussed and it seems that the names "window" and
"sliding window" create misunderstandings, so we are going to use
different names for them.

Daniele