Re: where to hang the metadata?

> Michael Kifer wrote:
> >>
> >>Just thinking about what is a reasonable scope for this WG, and where to
> >>stop...
> >
> > Why are you talking with riddles? Are you proposing to junk FLD?
>
> Hey, wait! No, not for a second!
>
> I was just wondering how far we should go to make FLD cover... Well,
> that is exactly the question: FLD could potentially cover many things,
> and I wondered where we should just stop worrying about dialects that
> some people may want to develop in the future and whether FLD would be
> appropriate for their purpose (including wrt naming such as 'rule' vs
> 'group', 'item' or what else)...
>
> More specifically: I wonder if we should not just stop right where we
> are, add a Rule construct, maybe even a Fact one, and leave FLD 1.0 be
> FLD 1.0 until we need a FLD 2.0 that corrects it and/or go further.

But I did not propose to extend what we have. I am just saying that
dialects must match (the existing) FLD. If rules in BLD must have a special
wrapper, then they should also have it in FLD. But in FLD, there are other
top-level formulas, which are not rules. By the same logic, they should
also have a wrapper. It makes little sense to proliferate these wrappers,
so we should converge on some neutral name (if at all to have a wrapper for
rules).

Sandro proposed "element". Could be "unit", "formula", "singleton",
"solitaire" :-)
This was a separate thread of discussion, which got mixed in with the
thread of whether to have such a rule wrapper at all.

	--michael