where to hang the metadata?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:37:10 -0400
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

Thinking over today's difficult discussion about metadata, it seems to
me that the right solution is this:

   1.  Allow metadata, syntactically, on every object, by way of a
       element.  No need for wrapper elements.  In a normal rule, the
       "Forall" is where you'd hang the metadata.  I have some ideas for
       the PS, but no favorites.

   2.  Add a "group" element, for making these conceptual groupings that
       Michael speaks of (and I'm familiar with from my own rule
       programming), where the metadata applies to a set of a few
       rules).

What about this approach would be so bad?