W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > January 2006

AGENDA 17 Jan RIF Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:03:58 -0500
Message-ID: <43CBD1FE.8070109@frontiernet.net>
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

AGENDA  Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
17 January 2005, 1600 UTC
0800 (West US)
1100 (East US)
1600 (London)
1700 (Paris),
Duration: 90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Meeting Wiki:  [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-01-17_Meeting]

PLEASE POST REGRETS TO MEETING WIKI PAGE

Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe: Benjamin Grosof (first alternate: Bijan Parsia )
   See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

 Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
     RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
     Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
     Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]

 Next Meeting: 24 January

PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0061.html]

 Agenda amendments

2. Liason (10 min)

  ACTION: csma to ask ISO whether liaison is worthwhile for
          ISO IEC Joint Task Force 1, SC 32, Working Group 2: Metadata 
          Standards US national body is ANSI L8
          might be interesting for liaison. See http://metadata-standards.org/

 Discuss & choose liasons
  SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Francion
  XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori (?)
  Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
  PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
  SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
  ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall

  Others?

3. Use Case & Requirements (40 min)

Wiki Page:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Use_Cases]
Wiki draft: 
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RIF_Use_Cases_and_Requirements]

  Discussion (Allen & David)

  ACTION: Use case editors publish first draft by Jan 17
  ACTION: Ian writes up a new category "Rich Knowledge Representation features" in the use cases
  ACTION: csma to ask Said to take over use case category "Regulation/Constraint Compliance 
          Monitoring"
  ACTION: ChrisWelty to find somebody for taking over use case category "Decision Support" 

  ACTION: Francis McCabe to take over use case categoty "Information Integration" [DONE]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Information_Integration]

  ACTION: Allen to take over use case category "Third Party Rule-Interchange-Enabling Service 
          Providers" [DONE]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Third_Party_Rule-Interchange_Services]

  ACTION: Allen and David to check use cases for template-compliance and list incomplete 
          use cases on the mailinglist. [DONE]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0036.html]

  ACTION: csma to take over use case category "Interoperability Across Rule Engines and 
          Tools" [DONE]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Write_once,_run_everywhere]

  ACTION: Paula to take over use case category "Policy-based transaction authorization 
          and access control" [DONE]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Policy-Based_Transaction_Authorization_and_Access_Control]

  ACTION: DaveReynolds to take over use case category "Publication" [DONE]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Publication]


4. OWL & RDF Compatibility (15 min)

 Wiki pages
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/OWL_Compatibility]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RDF_Compatibility]
 Recent email threads:
   b-node semantics:
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0056.html]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0010.html]


5. Classification (10 min)

ACTION: benjamin to start a wiki page with initial list of systems [WITHDRAWN]
ACTION: csma to start a wiki page with initial list of systems [DONE]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0042.html]

ACTION: chris clarify desiderata for list of classifications
ACTION: Chris Classifications draft Jan 31
CONTINUED.

 Wiki page
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Rulesystem_Arrangement_Framework]

6. AOB (5 min)
Received on Monday, 16 January 2006 17:04:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:26 GMT