Re: [SWC] RIF & OWL compatibility

Enrico Franconi wrote:

> You don't need to go very far.
> It is needed in order to capture pure basic SPARQL with RDF entailment.
>
> For example, given the data
>     age(:john, "25"^^xsd:decimal)
> corresponding to the RDF triple
>     :john :age "25"^^xsd:decimal .
> then the following is RDF entailed
>     rdf:XMLLiteral(_:b)
> corresponding to the RDF triple
>     _:b rdf:type rdf:XMLLiteral .
> where _:b is a bnode, with a true existential semantics for _:b.

This is just a minor comment which does not affect the substance of your
point ...

I don't think you mean rdf:XMLLiteral here, "25^^xsd:decimal" is not a
well-typed rdf:XMLLiteral and the two value spaces are disjoint.
However, under RDF with datatype entailments you will entail:

     _:b rdf:type xsd:decimal .

and, under RDFS entailment, can further entail:

     _:b rdf:type rdfs:Literal .

Alternatively you could use an example such as:
      printableName(:john, "John"^^rdf:XMLLiteral)

corresponding to the use of "parsetype='Literal'" in RDF/XML.