Re: RDFa Publishers

From: Steve Williams <sbw@digg.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:57:05 -0700
To: "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>

At 09:46 AM 10/29/2008, Eric Schoonover wrote:
>Is Yahoo! indexing the Digg RDFa given that they are not XHTML compliant?

Yes, despite our validation errors--and, indeed, the fact that we're
XHTML transitional, for which there's no RDFa DTD--Yahoo!
SearchMonkey does a good job of parsing our RDFa.  (Thank goodness!)

As I understand it, SearchMonkey builds up a DOM much like a web
browser does.  Since RDFa is defined in terms of the DOM, that
approach allows tools like SearchMonkey to be tolerant of certain
problems.  For all I know, SearchMonkey is using Mozilla or WebKit or
something to build its DOM.

>Is there someplace where I can see an example of Yahoo!'s graph output?

If you set up a SearchMonkey data source using Digg story pages, the
SearchMonkey authoring system will let you drill down into the RDFa.