Re: RDFa Publishers

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:22:09 -0400
To: Steve Williams <sbw@digg.com>
CC: "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>

Steve Williams wrote:
> At 09:46 AM 10/29/2008, Eric Schoonover wrote:
>> Is Yahoo! indexing the Digg RDFa given that they are not XHTML
>> compliant?
> Yes, despite our validation errors--and, indeed, the fact that we're
> XHTML transitional, for which there's no RDFa DTD--Yahoo! SearchMonkey
> does a good job of parsing our RDFa.  (Thank goodness!)
> As I understand it, SearchMonkey builds up a DOM much like a web
> browser does.  Since RDFa is defined in terms of the DOM, that
> approach allows tools like SearchMonkey to be tolerant of certain
> problems.  For all I know, SearchMonkey is using Mozilla or WebKit or
> something to build its DOM.
>> Is there someplace where I can see an example of Yahoo!'s graph output?
> If you set up a SearchMonkey data source using Digg story pages, the
> SearchMonkey authoring system will let you drill down into the RDFa.

I am still really trying to get my head around what Yahoo! is supposed
to be offering in relation to RDFa. Conceptually, I get the idea of
hooking data sources into their data-bus, but what I am yet to see is a
tangible example from the Yahoo! domain (it could just be that I am
doing something wrong). Thus, is it possible for you to respond to this
message with a link that will get me data from Digg, via a Yahoo! domain
URL or URI, that is at least similar to what I have here:

President & CEO