Re: Skolemization and RDF Semantics

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:59:21 +0200
Cc: <david.wood@talis.com>, <danbri@danbri.org>, <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

On Apr 20, 2011, at 16:19 , Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
<snip/>

> I'm still trying to figure out what possible normative change to the RDF
> semantics could possibly be involved.

Though I am not a semantic guru, my feeling is: none. The whole Skolemization discussion, in my mind, is to say "if your RDF environment wants to do skolemization [with these and these constraints that we discussed] then you SHOULD do it this and this way". This is an additional, possibly not even normative, part of the document.

I may have missed something...

I.

> Perhaps there would be a change to the RDF Semantics document, but that
> is different.   It might also be that the discussion of skolemization as
> it applies to RDF stores belongs to some other document.
>
> peter

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153