Re: Skolemization and RDF Semantics

From: David Wood <david.wood@talis.com>
Subject: Re: Skolemization and RDF Semantics
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:40:00 -0500

> On Apr 19, 2011, at 04:09, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
>> From: David Wood <david.wood@talis.com>
>> Subject: Re: Skolemization and RDF Semantics
>> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:35:23 -0500

>>> Skolemization is already mentioned and allowed in the 2004 version of
>>> the RDF Semantics.  I can't find it.  Can someone please enlighten me?
>>> Thanks.

>>> Thanks.  In the intervening conversation, I didn't see anyone mention
>>> that this is an informative section (and thus not normative).  I suggest
>>> that the lack of clear guidance has caused sufficient pain to result in
>>> a normative change to the RDF Semantics in our eventual update.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>
>> I'm not sure just what change to the RDF sematics you think is warranted
>> here.
>
> I don't think we know that yet.  Once we have a resolution on Skolemization I'd like to see that resolution reflected normatively in the part of the RDF Semantics doc that discusses it.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

I'm still trying to figure out what possible normative change to the RDF
semantics could possibly be involved.

Perhaps there would be a change to the RDF Semantics document, but that
is different.   It might also be that the discussion of skolemization as
it applies to RDF stores belongs to some other document.

peter